Drinking a cup of warm lemon water every morning is one of the simplest, most affordable and natural ways to improve your health which has incredible benefits on your health.
15 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water in Morning Empty Stomach
1. As a rich source of vitamin C, lemon juice protects the body from Immune system deficiencies.
2. Drinking lemon juice with warm water every morning helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body.
3. With its powerful antibacterial properties, lemon juice helps fight infections
4. Acts as a detoxifying agent.
5. Helps with maintaining digestive health.
6. Along with vitamin C, lemons are also a rich source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium etc.
7. Helps fight common cold
8. Lemon water is also a popular remedy for many kinds of skin problems ranging from acne, rashes and wrinkles to dark spots.
9. Lemon juice with warm water helps in quick weight loss as it promotes digestion and increases the metabolic rate.
10. Lemon juice is also very effective at cleansing the liver as it promotes the liver to flush out toxins
11. Lemon’s anti-inflammatory properties help in fighting respiratory tract infections, sore throat and inflammation of tonsils.
12. Lemon juice with warm water helps keep the body hydrated as it provides electrolytes to the body.
13. Drinking lemon juice with warm water also helps reduce joint and muscle pain.
14. Lemon juice with warm water is also good for your dental health as it helps with toothache and prevents gingivitis.
15. Lemon juice with warm water helps with digestion and hence, helps regulate natural bowel movement.
Are there any side effects of drinking lemon water?
Despite its multiple benefits, consuming lemon water in excess may lead to damaging side effects. Too much lemon water can upset your stomach, leading to nausea and vomiting. Frequent exposure to the acid in the citrus fruit can also erode your tooth enamel.
Is cold lemon water equally effective?
Drinking cold lemon water may hinder the digestive benefits of the drink. On the other hand, warm water helps to extract vitamin C from the lemon and improves digestion. Therefore, lemon water at warm or room temperature is recommended to achieve maximum health benefits.
How long does it take to get the results?
Results such as improvement in digestion and higher energy levels can be seen within one week of regular consumption of warm lemon water.